Friday, June 12, 2009

The Air Show June 6, 2009






We went to Air Force Week's air show at Hill Airforce Base. It was really cool. We went up about 11:30 and Ilene came with us. It was free to the public. We decided to park at the high school near the south entrance to the base, thinking it would be faster than waiting in line to get in. What we didn't realize is that the air strip was all the way on the other side of the base. We ended up walking about 45 minutes just to get to where the show was. We felt like lemmings just following all the other people that were walking. It was fun though. Good exercise. They had a bunch of different planes that flew and did tricks. There was a red biplane that would go way high up in the air and then stall its engine and free fall end over end. It was cool. The Thunderbirds also performed, which was my favorite. It feels so patriotic when they do their formations. That's one of my favorite parts of the fourth of July, is when the planes fly by. Anyway, There was one part where they said they were going to do a really cool trick, so we were all watching to the south, and then from the north one of them buzzed the crowd really low. It scared us all so bad! It was fun.

Sorry for the quality of the video. You can just barely see the planes right when they are passing each other. They got so close!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I was there that day and I totally know what you're talking about! My whole group jumped about a mile when that plane came from the North unexpectedly! I thought I was going to have a heart attack!!

P.S. Your house is so cute and I can't wait to hear all about it on our roadie!!